The long weekend allowed me to work on my Fulvias at last. I sorted out the Dellortos problems which were due to a combination of factors all contributing to idling at 2.5-3 K revs:
- throttle linkage resting against the carb rubber mount and not closing fully. Unusual problem which was cured by gently filing away part of the rubber mount.
- slightly deformed throttle linkage on the left carb which made it difficult for the spindles to return to resting position. Cured by dismantling and repositioning.
- the metal clamp linking the spindle bar to the accelerator pump rod was rubbing against the carb body, making return to the closed position difficult. Cured by dismantling and reassembling in the right position.
- length of the throttle rod was slightly too much. Cured by carefully turning in the plastic couplers and readjusting the holding nuts.
- slight air leak through bad gasket. Cured by replacing the gasket.
Now the car idles OK although there is still a slight delay in returning to the idling revs after pushing hard the throttle.
- Andrea -